Writing web copy is something you know to be vital for your online presence, but it can get overwhelming quickly. Regardless of knowing just how badly you need it, sometimes your web copy can get pushed to the back of your pile of important business-related items, but it really shouldn’t. What should you do if you can’t spend the time writing excellent web content to help set your site apart from competitors? Hire a copywriter, of course!
I am going to take a look at just why you should hire a copywriter and how one can help you create the best web copy ever for your business.
Let’s take a look at some great reasons why you should hire a copywriter and why you will be glad you did, in the end!
- More Time for Your Morning Coffee (Or Anything Else You’d Rather Be Doing). One of the main reasons why you should consider hiring a copywriter for your content needs is simply because you will have more time. This means you can spend your time drinking your favorite cup of coffee or tea in the morning, or spend more time on another aspect of your business. Creating consistent, engaging content can take up a significant amount of time, and copywriters are a great way to save that time. Expertly trained copywriters are able to write excellent copy quickly while still hitting the mark that you want every single time.
- A Professional Copywriter Can Perfectly Capture Your Services. When you hire a professional copywriter, you aren’t just getting someone who can write amazing pieces, you’re hiring someone who can capture your services. Copywriters are trained to learn as much as they can about various industries to make sure they write quality content. In addition, there are many industry-specific copywriters out there that have special training in different industries, making them perfect to write for you. When the copywriter writes about your services or industry, you will see just how well he or she can capture things, making it exciting and engaging for your audience.
- Keep Up With the Latest Trends. You can give a copywriter the freedom to utilize the current trends to create excellent, fun content for your blogs and social media channels. This will help you boost your chances for viral content amongst your existing evergreen content.
- A Copywriter Knows How to Write Persuasive Content. When it comes to web copy, you want to make sure that it is persuasive, right? Of course! However, not everyone has the talent to create persuasive content that helps makes sales without coming across like a 1970’s used car salesperson. Copywriters know the importance of creating persuasive content for their clients without focusing heavily on sales-speech because we know this can make or break a sale for you. When you write your own content, it might come across as far too sales-like for your readers or it may not be persuasive enough. Beat the doubt on whether or not your content is persuasive by hiring a writer that can create expert copy that will turn readers into customers quickly and easily.
- Sometimes There is Such a Thing as Being “Too Close” to a Topic. You might think that being very close to your industry is helpful when it comes time to create copy, but this can actually become detrimental. First of all, when you’re too close to your industry, you might not realize just how confusing your jargon is to those who aren’t. Second, when you are writing about your own business and services, you might find it hard to be objective enough. We all think we can be until it comes down to it, and then we begin questioning and doubting, which you don’t want reflected in your content. When you hire a copywriter, you are able to have someone write about your services in a great light without focusing heavily on jargon, making your content easy to understand and enticing.
- Copywriters Know the Importance of Variation in Content. Writing content means that you need to know the importance of variation, especially when it comes to content length. While longer content is still the most popular with SEO, you should also have different lengths such as a short piece or medium length to give clients the ability to choose the content they consume. Someone on a commute might be more likely to read a short content piece and read a longer one over lunch or after work. You need to let your readers choose. A copywriter can make sure that each and every piece of content is written in different lengths to provide that ability.
- A Copywriter Will Know How to Help Craft Different Content Formats. Creating copy doesn’t just mean writing blog posts and web content, but also creating ideas for multiple formats. You can find copywriters that have training in helping create infographics and images that help drive engagement on your social channels and blog. In fact, a copywriter can easily write a blog piece that can then be broken down into different formats, repurposing your content and getting it out to a wider audience. This is a great way to cover all of your bases, and provide people with the ability to choose how they wish to consume their content. You can find copywriters that have training in all areas of content formats, or ones that specialize in different ones to make a greater impact. Whichever way you go, a copywriter will be able to help you create a content format for all of your readers.
- Copywriters Keep Up-to-date With Every Single Google Change. Google is a great place when it comes to people finding your business and boosting your revenue. However, it can be a difficult place due to every single change the search engine giant makes. There seems to be a new update every month or so, and lately there have been some mega changes that everyone needed to be prepared for. Whether it is the large mobile-friendly update or something a little smaller, a copywriter will know all of these changes. This will help you get the best, most up-to-date content and SEO to better your copy and website.
- Hitting Your Target Audience. Hitting your target audience can be trickier than it seems, and no matter how much you do, you still might be missing the mark. Professional copywriters are great at making sure they hit the target audience each and every time, bringing in great, organic traffic from Google and your social media channels. When you bring in more traffic, you have a higher chance to convert visitors into leads with even more content.
- You Will Get Fresh, New Content All the Time, Avoiding Duplicates. Fresh, new content is a vital part of the Internet world, and you need to make sure you always have it. It can be easy to use the same content across your website, making it feel streamlined and taking up less time. This, however, looks sloppy and many of your readers will not appreciate duplicate content. In fact, Google doesn’t appreciate it either. As I mentioned earlier, hiring a copywriter will save you time, and this is one of the many ways that can happen. A copywriter can write consistently fresh, new content for your web page, keeping duplicates out of circulation and making your site a high quality, Google-approved page.
- Copywriters Can Help You Generate Organic Traffic and Bring in Sales. Organic traffic is something we would all prefer to have instead of needing to pay a lot for ads. While ads are still an important aspect of any online presence, if you generate more organic traffic, you will find that you are likely to have more legitimate customers. In fact, organic traffic can lead to quick sales. Copywriters can help create content that drives organic traffic such as creating content for social media, and then creating content on your site that keeps visitors once they reach your landing pages. When you get organic traffic, your revenue is likely to bump up significantly, and you will really enjoy getting to meet all of your new, wonderful contacts. Remember, build the relationship with them once they get there to keep them coming back!
- Use a Copywriter to Get Social. Being social is yet another vital aspect to any online presence, and in our blog linked in the above paragraph, you can see just how important it is to your SEO. A copywriter can help you create a perfect social media presence by creating engaging, epic social media content that drives clicks and interaction with clients. If you hire a social media copywriter, you will begin to notice that you have more interaction with your network, which will help when it comes to word of mouth marketing.
Leave it to the Wizards of Words
As you can see, a copywriter is a great idea for every single business when it comes to creating excellent web copy. Leaving your content in the hands of capable word wizards will help improve your copy and website, bringing in great traffic.